Three steps to better gum health with Prophix
- May 22, 2017 12:00:00 PM
- in Health and Wellness,Prophix Attachments,Prophix Toothbrush
- by Prophix
You might give a great deal of attention to the health of your teeth—but are you doing the same for your gums? They play an integral role in protecting your teeth and the structures that support them. Neglecting your gum health can cause a buildup of plaque underneath the gumline, which can lead to inflammation (gingivitis) or even breakdown of bone and tissue (periodontitis).
You can use Prophix to help keep your gums healthy and happy between regular dentist visits. Just follow these three steps:
1. Check for signs of unhealthy gums.
Take regular stock of your gum health by checking for the following symptoms of gum disease. Use the Prophix mirror attachment and the live video feed to examine any hard-to-see places.
- Persistent bad breath
- Red, swollen, tender, or bleeding gums
- Painful chewing
- Loose teeth
- Tooth sensitivity
- Receding gums or teeth that appear longer in length
- Gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- Changes in your bite
2. Use the rubber tip. Prophix’s rubber tip attachment dislodges plaque from underneath the gum line. It also massages your gums, increasing healthy blood flow. Use it in addition to regular brushing and flossing.
3. Track progress with photos. Snap and tag pictures of any areas of concern (red or swollen gums, for example) and save them to the Prophix photo album. Compare photos over time to see whether things have improved as a result of regular brushing, flossing, and rubber tip use. If not, send the photos to your dentist and discuss other possible courses of treatment.
Share this post on: